This project began with a 2 day workshop held on 3-4 September 2018 in Durban.
The Framework will serve as a guiding document to:
1. Eradicate the resource and facility disparities amongst academic libraries
2. Set the standards for academic librarianship and library practices including strategic planning, good governance, advocacy, and accountability
3. Ensure an equitable and quality user experience across all libraries
4. Advance the role of academic libraries as partners to the teaching, learning and research endeavours of South African higher education institutions
5. Ensure best practices, introduce benchmarking for continuous improvement, equitable access and services across all academic libraries.